Chief Operating Officer
Role: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, KS (remote applicants will be considered)
Salary:Commensurate with experience and qualifications
MWL is seeking a Chief Operating Officer. As the Chief Operating Officer, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people living around the world.
The COO is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operations are poised to effectively execute our strategic plans. The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will join the leadership team leading business transformation across the organization.
This role serves as a member of the Executive Team and plays a key role in enabling collaboration and organization effectiveness, both internally and externally. Additionally, this role requires the ability to pivot across a multitude of disciplines and between tactical and strategic bodies of work.
Working in close and continuous collaboration with the CEO, the COO is responsible for driving the organizational goals, strategic and annual plans, and mission impact. The COO will lead a variety of interrelated business units to achieve the organization’s mission, create a financially sustainable model for long term operations, and build the organization’s capacity. The individual in this role will be leading with the organization’s mission principles and culture code as the guide.
Strategic and Organizational Leadership
- Connects the organization strategy to appropriate operational plans that support goals which ultimately make a difference in the lives of those living in underserved conditions.
- Ensures the organization has the systems, processes and policies that support our workforce and deliverables.
- Acts as a conduit for smooth communication between internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Gains and leverages in-depth understanding of the day-to-day operations of the organization to identify opportunities for process improvement to deliver best in-class services both internally and externally.
- Champions equity, diversity, and inclusion; ensures fair treatment across all employees.
- Provides effective, forward-thinking, and inspiring leadership across functional areas by being actively involved in all programs, developing broad and deep knowledge of core businesses, and nurturing a structure for empowered decision-making across teams.
- Builds organizational and staff capacity, develops processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly and establishes an environment that promotes teamwork across the diverse aspects of the organization’s functions.
- Works with the CEO to develop long-term strategic plans for the organization; oversees the implementation of department goals and financial management.
- Manages, develops, evaluates, and mentors staff; provides leadership and guidance in goal setting, problem solving, resource management and outcome achievement.
- Monitors, measures and reports on operational issues, opportunities, plans and achievements to the CEO.
People and Cultural Leadership
- Enhances the organization’s culture by reinforcing cultural values and the “Equity Strategic Roadmap”; and champions the utilization of volunteers throughout the organization’s programs.
- Works with the CEO to build and foster a healthy, equitable, diverse, and inclusive culture.
- Leads, motivates and develops high performing teams across multiple programs and deepens cross-functional understanding, communication, and workflow.
- Provides leadership and guidance in goal setting, problem solving, resource management and outcome achievement.
- Works with teams to develop annual work plans and measurements for personnel accountability and program efficiencies.
- Provides real-time, constructive feedback on staff performance, encourages professional development, and identifies career paths for team members.
- Identifies ways to grow mission impact; monitors program activities for critical path processes and adapts to impacts of dynamic markets.
Professional Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters’ degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience achieving results in a complex multi-service nonprofit.
- 3+ years’ experience leading motivated high performing individuals and teams in innovative, high-growth environments.
- Proven ability to balance leadership and management roles within a growing, dynamic organization; highly effective at change management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across different business lines on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving outcomes related to equity, diversity, and inclusion internally and externally.
- Passionate about the mission and vision of MWL as a highly respected leader in the field of international relief.
- Visionary and forward facing; culturally competent; passionate about cultivating a healthy and positive workplace culture.
- Strong business acumen and ability to drive results; embraces change and strives for continuous improvement, establishes goals, ensures readiness of the team, and translates goals into action.
- Able to do private sector work through a social impact and equity lens; acceptance of and ability to work with and effectively communicate with diverse populations.
- Effective and proactive team player; collaborative in nature; a networker with exceptional relationship-building and presentation skills.
- Transparent communicator; authentic listening skills; able to gain confidence and trust of others through honesty and accountability.
- Highly inclusive; demonstrates high emotional intelligence and leads by example.
- Makes decisions and solves problems independently and effectively.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested applicants should email their resume, a cover letter, and three professional references.
Cover letter must outline:
- Why you are interested in this position
- How your values align with our mission
- A highlight of your professional and/or personal experiences that make you a good fit for this position
- And salary requirements.
Please email documents to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.