Donor Care Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, KS
Mercy Without Limits is a humanitarian nonprofit organization that is committed to providing a better life
for orphans and widows in the Middle East and South Asia. MWL was established in 2012 and has grown
to have over 700 employees worldwide, and 8 offices overseas. We are looking for dedicated team
members to join our growth and build on to what we have been able to accomplish.
Based out of Kansas, our work has grown and taken us all around the world in areas of high orphan
populations. We provide the fundamental tools for the short-term and long-term survival of our orphans,
widows, and refugees. Our dedicated staff has done an incredible job at expanding our outreach while
strengthening our programs and services to meet the needs of each community we serve. Our goal is to
insure our orphans and their communities will continue to have access to clear water, food assistance,
education, and other needed necessities.
Despite the many challenges our orphans, widows, and refugees face on a daily basis, they are fortunate
to have many loyal supporters who are committed to providing them with tools for their continued growth
and prosperity. We believe together we can make a difference in the lives of others.
The Donor Care Officer will be a member of the MWL Donor Care Team and will provide excellent and
energetic fundraising support to ensure the team meets and exceeds its annual goals. This individual’s
primary role will be to communicate with all MWL donors as part of our comprehensive donor relations,
stewardship, recognition, and retention program. As well as calling donors and establishing a relationship
with them, this individual will maintain the accuracy and operations of MWL’s Salesforce fundraising
database including responsibility for gift acknowledgments, maintaining donor records, and generating
They will consistently promote positive and mutually rewarding interaction with and recognition of donors
at all levels. They will collaborate with internal and external constituencies to determine the best
strategies for effective stewardship of donors, creating a gratifying impact experience for all donors in
support of MWL’s mission and vision. Reporting to Donor Care Manager, this individual will work to
steward current donors as well as encourage lapsed donors to recommit to the organization.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with and support the Donor Care Team in the fundraising process by managing all
stewardship and lapsed donor calls.
- Recommend appropriate engagement strategies for donors across segments and maintain an
annual engagement calendar.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure proper donor stewardship calls that are based on the
donors giving history.
- Work with colleagues to collect funding/impact reports, and programs proposals.
- Help the Donor Care Manager manage and maintain a comprehensive, accurate fundraising
database, and all database-related deliverables to ensure accuracy and integrity of all data and
- Enter all gift information into Salesforce in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Generate reports, exports, and perform donor/giving analysis for the Donor Care Team.
- Prepare, mail, and record acknowledgments to donors in a timely fashion.
- Help Donor Care Manager develop efficient systems for database cleanup and maintenance,
including standardization of data and coding; establish database user manual.
- Assist in the production of bulk mailings, invitations, appeals, and donor outreach campaigns.
- Help project manage special events including defining roles and goals for the working team, day
of event logistics, and event follow-up.
- Attend special events and other activities as needed.
- Respond to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information.
- Write, prepare, and disseminate donor correspondence, reports, and fundraising materials such
as brochures and newsletters.
- Contribute to a positive, warm, and stewardship-oriented environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information, uphold MWL’s organizational values, and
support organizational goal fulfillment.
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and two years advancement, development, or fundraising asking and receiving gifts
experience required. Database experience required and Salesforce experience is a plus. Excellent
relationship skills. Computer proficiency required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of advancement/fundraising procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of asking and obtaining gifts from donors.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment,
specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- Skill in organizing special events.
- Skill in the cultivation of donors.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and
cultural backgrounds and with coworkers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to envision long–range goals and apply them to daily operations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings as required.
- Ability to speak and present information individually or in large groups.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Ability to demonstrate passion around the work of MWL.
All interested applicants should email their resume, a cover letter, and three professional references.
Cover letter must outline:
- Why you are interested in this position.
- How your values align with our mission.
- A highlight to your professional and/or personal experiences that make you a good fit for this position.
- And salary requirements.
Please email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.