Director of Outreach (Southern California)
This position assists in the planning, development and implementation of domestic programs (including fundraising events and outreach activities) that provide services to vulnerable populations served by Mercy Without Limits. The candidate must show commitment to MWL’s faith-inspired values and principles, as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
- Manages the daily regional office operations, including the planning, management and implementation/facilitation of regional activities, personnel and budget.
- Administers, manages and performs general follow-ups on events executed by MWL’s domestic programs.
- Plans, develops (with approval) and implements the regional office annual budget that guides regional events and activities.
- Strategizes, plans, and manages regional calendar of events and fundraising activities, in coordination with budget and aggregate regional resources.
- Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund-raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Organizes and coordinates regular fundraising/promotional events including local community events (dinners, concerts, etc.).
- Coordinates regional activity planning and implementation with other internal regions, internal staff and management.
- Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Monitors trends in the community or region and adapts fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Leads the strategic planning for cyclical print campaigns such as Ramadan, Udhiyah, year-end, seasonal (winter/summer) and others as needed.
- Supports seasonal fundraising and marketing campaigns by assisting staff in other departments as required in order to facilitate the work of the organization.
- Develops positive relations with donors, volunteers, organizations and the general public in the region.
- Cultivates and solicits donations from individuals, groups and organizations.
- Dedicates time to prospecting the community for potential donors to maximize the donor base and to build support for MWL projects.
- Acts as a liaison between MWL and masjids; including reaching out to masjids to secure fundraising.
Acts as a liaison between MWL management and fundraisers.
All interested applicants should email their resume, a cover letter, and three professional references. Cover letter must outline:
- Why you are interested in this position.
- How your values align with our mission.
- A highlight to your professional and/or personal experiences that make you a good fit for this position.
- And salary requirements.